Riverside Conferences, located at Guildford YMCA, makes an excellent venue for commercial, public sector and voluntary organisations to stage training events, conferences and functions. Our flexible, fully catered facilities are appropriate for exhibition space, working breakfasts, networking events or presentations to groups of up to 100.
Following a recent refurbishment the rooms offer even greater flexibility.
Riverside Conferences is ideally situated -
- close to the A3, 15 minutes from J10 of the M25
- opposite Guildford Train Station – 35 minutes to London Waterloo
- a short walk from Guildford's busy shopping centre
- within easy walking distance of nearby public car parks
- hearing loop available
- and the on site Y Restaurant has been awarded the maximum food hygiene rating of 5 by the Food Standards Agency.
If any delegates need overnight accommodation we are also a 120 room hostel, with comfortable en suite rooms available.
Our Access Statement is attached and we received the Mayor of Guildford’s Award for Accessibility in 2007.
Riverside Conferences at the Y Centre, Bridge Street
The environment for your event matters
We have three riverside lounges which lend themselves to a range of meetings:
- The Riverside Suite offers a range of options that can include all three spaces
- The Abbey Lounge
- The Thames Lounge
- The Wey Lounge
The Abbey and Thames can open up to create one space, as can the Thames and Wey lounges. Click on the links above for more information.
The Riverside Suite
And the refreshments matter too...
A significant element of your delegates' day will be the food and refreshments. With our own team of professional chefs we can cater for all needs, and provide some mouth watering options. Find out more about our tasty food options here.
Benefits of meeting at the Y are:
- wifi connection in all meeting rooms
- commercial daily rates for room hire from £166-£288 depending on number of rooms - this includes the cost of flip charts, OHP, video & TV (from 2 April 2013)
- LCD projectors and laptops are available to hire
- we have a range of catering options to suit your pocket and your needs, prepared by our own team of chefs for delivery to your room.
- alternatively your delegates can eat in our restaurant, with a choice of four different hot meals daily, or sandwiches, baguettes and jackets filled to order. Visit our restaurant page here.
What more do you need?!
"Convenient location - prompt and helpful service."
"I have tutored here over the last 10 years plus and the service, room and equipment have never let me down."
Mary Barnard, NACAB
"Excellent facilities, everything worked, nice lunch."
Dan Norris, Broadway, ECHG
The BEST (Bringing Expert Services Together) Business Group meet here every Tuesday morning, enjoying a 'home cooked' breakfast while generating business - and supporting Guildford YMCA at the same time.
Also available - Meeting Room at Midwey House, Wharf Road
Midwey House has a well appointed room suitable for parties and training days. Flip chart, OHP and video are available.